Researches in universities will meet with the private sector with the project of TÜBİTAK and YÖK. Researches in universities will come out of the pages of magazines and come to life in industry. With the project of TÜBİTAK and YÖK, business ideas will meet with the private sector.
The fact that Turkey ranks second in the world in terms of spending on R&D in the last 10 years has whetted the appetite of universities in the field of R&D. Work has been initiated to implement the researches and emerging ideas of universities.
As a result of a joint study of the Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK) and the Council of Higher Education (YÖK), it has decided to establish 'Technology Transfer Offices' within the universities for the realization of scientific research.
Science and industry will come together
These offices, which will be established in every university in Turkey, will be completely dependent on the university administration. These offices will receive their patents both on behalf of the university and on behalf of the academician. Later, the results of this research will be shared with industry representatives. Companies interested in the project will be brought together with universities and academics. If a bilateral agreement is reached, the private sector firm will put this product into production.
OBJECTIVES OF TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER OFFICES
– Presenting the scientific studies of academicians to the service of needed sectors,
– Academic information is not limited to only “scientific publications”, gaining “commercial value”,
- Providing the university with resources for the continuation of research with the commercial gain that comes from the presentation of the "commercial value" to the industry,
– Academicians achieve the financial satisfaction they deserve thanks to the product they produce,
– Assisting our academics to establish their own companies,
– Meeting the scientific studies that the industry needs through Turkey's own universities, not from abroad,
– Increasing the Number of Patents and reducing Invention Disclosure cases thanks to the support for the protection of Intellectual Property Rights,
Source : stargazete
Günceleme: 02/09/2013 23:32
Be the first to comment